My mom was told yesterday she suffers from adrenal insufficiency and I would appreciate much if someone tells me some further info regarding this adrenal insufficiency issue. It is been a while now she feels constant fatigue and muscle weakness, she become so irritable and nervous or better depressed and the most weird thing is that her skin has darkened and that is why she had this blood test yesterday for the doc already suspected she might be having adrenal insufficiency according her symptoms especially darkening of the skin and the measurement of the potassium, sodium and cortisol in her blood showed he might be right so afterwards she had ACTH stimulation test with whose results we will be familiar tomorrow so I would like to hear if this test turns out positive what would be the right adrenal insufficiency treatment? Thanks!

If it turns out your mom really suffers from adrenal insufficiency than I suppose her diagnose would be Addison’s disease –which affects adrenal glands that are located above each of the kidney and whenever it comes about adrenal insufficiency it means that the body is overproducing hormones out of adrenal glands in insufficient amounts. So basically if tomorrow turns out your mom’s adrenal glands not enough of cortisol than this would confirm adrenal insufficiency which if left untreated might become life-threatening. My mom was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency very early so the disease haven't developed that much and so she was prescribed corticosteroids and some hormones just to replace the deficiency.