Hello! I am Ann and I am forty five. My periods were regular till last July. I also started to feel hot flashes and night sweats. Sometimes my heart beats like crazy and I change my moods very often. When I talked to my sister she said that those were all symptoms of menopause. Since I wanted to know more about it I started to look for all available information. I haven’t found any information about adrenal glands in menopause.

Hello! The symptoms you have are the symptoms which usually occur in menopause. It is good to know as much as possible about this, sometimes difficult, period in women lives but it also to talk to your doctor. Since ovaries decline their production of estrogen our adrenal glands take over the major role of secreting sex hormones. They actually compensate the decline from the ovaries. The adrenal glands also help women to deal with stress. If our adrenal glands are too weak to take over as prime producers of estrogen and progesterone the menopausal symptoms become more intensive.

Dear Justin, menopause is natural, but there’s a relationship b/t autoimmune dis , thyroid dis and an early onset of menopause symptoms. Adrenal fatigue is something MDs debunk as a difficult to prove disorder; the labs need to be done during the symptoms which come and go! And to perform this would be difficult to do. Vitamin D is essential to protect your bones! I was treated w estrogen and hormones; just recently had my mammogram with US and breast MRI to r/o suspicion of breastfeeding ca. Waiting on results, do your research and best of luck and good health to all who share in our aging processes ! Love to all from my osteoporosis bones and fatigued but beating loving heart!

Correction, not breastfeeding my phone creates its own words! Just the “girls” having their scans . PS I breast fed 18 years ago ! Sorry for the autocorrect lingo!