Since last month my brother constantly feels bad. His doctor isn’t sure what is wrong. He supposes that is some kind of adrenal dysfunction. He can not be sure without certain analysis. I don’t know anything about adrenal glands. Please, can somebody explain to me what would happen if your adrenal glands didnt work normally? Thanks!

Hi! The adrenal glands are releasing hormones which are very important for metabolic processes. These hormones control sexual maturation during childhood and puberty. The adrenal glands are also an important source of sex steroids. If your adrenal glands don’t work normally, your body isn’t capable to coupe with infections or stress.

As melicent has already pointed out this is very common condition and for children and adults as well. And since you are having that big problems with your tonsils and your throat it would be wise to listen to your doctor and remove them. Of course you will have to go through the process of recovery. Also, if you are a smoker this could be a great way to get rid of that nasty habit. My best friend had tonsillectomy in June last year and before it he was smoking pack a day. After the surgery he couldn’t smoke for a few days (it was too much painful) so he has decided to stop.

I hope that you will resolve your tonsils issues after the procedure.