I had my 1st in a series of epidural steroids injections yesterday. During the procedure I felt the usual pain,which I expected. Afterwards, my pulse increased to 160bpm,I lost sensation in my right leg was shaking uncontrollably and still have anexcrutiating headache. I was promply taken to hospital for EKG. Doc. said I was having a vaso vagal response. He still wants me to return in 2 weeks for injection #2. No pain relief at all yet, but I know that it can take 10 days. Any advice?

I suffered through 2 of those injections with zero pain relief before I opted for a Micro-diskectomy surgery. No pain today almost 2 years later, the feeling has returned in my right foot but I still suffer some permenant neurological muscle atrophy in my right calf. I should have had the surgery sooner before the nerves to my calf died.

Hi, I work in the heathcare field and have been getting epidurals on and off since 1994. I have had several surgeries and have a very high pain tolerance. Last week the day before thanksgiving i had a cervical epidural. I have been horrible ever since. I have not heard back from the doctor, and everyone keeps telling me to go to the ER. I worked in the ER for 16 years and after a week of this headache I think i may. Its better when i lay down. My migraine medicine will not help. light is bothering me. I  could not the day after bend my neck. When the epidural was over it felt as if the needle was still in me. I just dont know what to do. The only good thing is i dont have a fever. Any ideas. Im at a loss. My physical therapist was worried, my surgeon (i just had shoulder surgery as well- my 3rd) thanks P

Curious as to how you're feeling now? Do you feel better? And if so, how long did it take?