In Febuary of 2008 I had my son. The anesthesiologist tried to get my epidural and could not he ended up doing 7 epidural punctures and it still did not take. After I had my son I had the worst headache in my life. I was then sent home still with a headache. I then returned to the e.r. and was given a caffeine drip and sent home. I returned to the e.r. about 4 hours later with the same headache. They then called another anesthesiologist in and they did an epidural blood patch. My headache finally went away but it took about an hour. I had to lay flat for about an hour and then was sent home. I was told to lay flat for 24 hours with the exception of going to the bathroom. About 3 weeks later I was picking up my son and my lower back snapped. I could not move and hurt extremely bad. I went to the e.r. and they could not find anything wrong. I was bedridden for a couple of days and then took a while to get back to my normal routine. I now suffer from severe headaches and lower back pain in the same area and no one can find anything wrong. Is this normal? Can anything help me?

Postdural puncture headache is a complication of such a procedure. Injury to your spinal cord or surrounding tissues due to improper placement of the needle may have resulted in your chronic back pain. Consult with a neurologist to confirm if this is indeed the case.