Hi, I need some advice for my mother. She is 69 years old and it looks to me that she is not taking care about her health anymore. She started eating a lot, stopped going for walks and I even sense some sort of depression in her. What can I do to help her? I heard that aerobic exercise program might be good for her physical state. But what would be good for the improvement of the mental capacity of elders?

I also had a problem with my father because when my mother died he completely changed. He lost his appetite, did not want to go out of the house and it really took a lot of time for him to get back to his former self. We managed to make him start with some light morning exercises and for the mental health, well, we tried to be with him and talk to him all the time. We made him attend all family meetings and even introduced him to a lot of people of all ages. Luckily for him, that was enough. No additional medical help was needed.