Hi, I had unprotected sex a few days ago. When the guy I had sex with finished I got off and a few seconds later he had cum on him. This made me believe that no cum got inside me, since there was a good amount on his body. however I touched myself and felt really wet but it did not feel like my usual fluid. I then thought that maybe he did actually came some bit in me. two days later I had abdominal pain and the next day I had clear sticky discharge. Is this me ovulating? Does that mean I am not pregnant? Or is it to soon to tell? Can someone please explain to me if I could still get pregnant even if I had that discharge?

Hi there

Here is appropriate info on fertile days -

The fertile window

We’re talking about the days in a woman’s menstrual cycle when pregnancy is possible. Pregnancy is technically only possible during the five days before ovulation through to the day of ovulation.

These six days are the ‘fertile window’ in a woman’s cycle, and reflect the lifespan of sperm (5 days) and the lifespan of the ovum (24 hours).

If a woman has sex six or more days before she ovulates, the chance she will get pregnant is virtually zero. If she has sex five days before she ovulates, her probability of pregnancy is about 10%.

The probability of pregnancy rises steadily until the two days before and including the day of ovulation.

At the end of the ‘fertile window’, the probability of pregnancy declines rapidly and by 12-24 hours after she ovulates, a woman is no longer able to get pregnant during that cycle.

For those women who are not aware of their ‘fertile window’ or when they ovulate, sexual intercourse is recommended every 2 to 3 days to help optimise their chance of conceiving.

What is ovulation?

Ovulation is when a mature egg is released from the ovary, moves down the fallopian tube, and is available in the fallopian tube to be fertilised.

Tracking your ovulation

• Work out the length of your average menstrual cycle. Day one is the first day of the menstrual period and the last day is the day before the next period begins.
  • Ovulation happens about two weeks before the next expected period. So if your average menstrual cycle is 28 days, you ovulate around day 14.

Remember the ‘fertile window’ is the six days leading up to and including ovulation.

The three days leading up to and including ovulation are the most fertile. Depending on your cycle length the most fertile days in the cycle varies:

• If you have 28 days between periods ovulation typically happens on day 14, and the most fertile days are days 12, 13, and 14.
  • If you have longer cycles, say 35 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 21 and the most fertile days are days 19, 20, and 21.
  • If you have shorter cycles, say 21 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 7 and the most fertile days are days 5, 6, and 7.

If this episode of unprotected sex happened within your fertile days, the chances of pregnancy are quite high. Good luck