Hey I started my period Oct 1 and it lasted for about 6 days (it ended on Oct 6th that is). Alrighty my periods are irregular so I have no way at all of telling when im ovulating other than using the temperature method or checking my CM...okay so I do the CM way and on Oct 14 , I had thick white discharge that should have meant I was ovulating right? I had sex Oct 15-16 it was kinda around (11pm-12 at night)...what is my possibility of getting pregnant? because me and hubby are trying to conceive so we didn't use protection

It is really hard to say anything since you are irregular. But if your ovulation occured on the 14th and you had unprotected sex on 15th and 16th, you are unlikely to get pregnant as ovulation lasts for only 24h. You should have done it on that day or a few days earlier....but how could you have known?

oh i was only going off of what my doc said on how to see when im ovulating or not. because he said that the egg lives about 24 hours so if i started ovulating on the 14 in mid day that it should have still been there a day after. but im not sure. b.c all he told me was when my cm got white, sticky, ect. that meant i was ovulating which was on the 14th

Hey hunnie! This happened to me twice so I say its possible!!! I conceived my daughter 1 day after ovulation and my son 3 years later yet again 1 day after ovulation

I have read that when a woman's cervical mucous becomes clear (or white) and she's able to stretch it between her fingers without it breaking (think egg whites) and the amount is greater, that's a sign of ovulation. Also, not all women ovulate at that "two weeks after my period" mark - some may ovulate during their period, some may ovulate twice a month, and some may not ovulate at all. It's very hard to tell.

There's a time that is your fertile time, but there's no way of pinpointing exactly what day you will release that egg. During that fertile time, which may last up to ten days, you'll notice the cervical mucous is viscous and sticky, and probably clear (a more favorable environment for sperm). Any one of those days will be when that egg comes down, and it'll only be there for about a day.

Basically, one of the woman’s ovaries will release an egg, which will make its journey down the fallopian tube over a period of about 24 hours. Within this 24 hour time frame is the optimum window opportunity for conception, but there are other variables. For instance, an egg will survive in the fallopian tubes for up to 2 days, so if intercourse takes place up to 2 days following ovulation, conception can still occur. Also, if intercourse has occurred prior to ovulation, conception is still possible because sperm can loiter in the fallopian tubes for 2 to 3 days, meaning that once the egg is released, it could already have a handsome suitor waiting for it! This also increases your chances for a girl (this is proven) becuase the longer the sperm wait the more die off. Female sperm live longer than the male sperm. But male sperm are faster then the female sperm.

Throughout any woman’s cycle she will experience changes in her cervical mucus, and the closer she gets to ovulation, the clearer, slippery, and almost stretchy the fluid will become. Most doctors compare the most fertile indication in cervical mucus to egg whites. The job of this egg white like mucus is basically to protect the sperm from the acids in your body, as well as to help facilitate their transportation through the uterus and into the fallopian tubes where they will hopefully fertilize an egg. Hope all this information helps.