How worried should I be? So me and my partner have had sex 3 times within the past three weeks (19, 21, and 31). She had her period on the 12 and got off on the 19. The first time was protected but on the 21 it wasn't. I pulled out and checked for pre-cum beforehand and when I came I came in small amounts and it wasn't ver milky (low sperm account from previously masturbating the day before). So she shouldnt be ovulating until a week later and therefore not get pregnant (unless of course the sperm stays in there for 5 days but again, low sperm count). Lastly on the 31 we did and there seemed to be curtelled cum at the base of my penis outside the condom which I'm assuming is discharge. To be sure we got Plan B. After taking Plan B, people are known to start ovulating soon after and she's been having cramps the past two days since taking Plan B. Also we're teenagers and she has irregular menstrual cycles making the "tracking" of ovulation that much harder. I have anxiety and needed to vent and get some feedback.

Hi there

Here is appropriate info for you -

How Does Plan B One-Step Work?

Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

•     It may prevent or delay ovulation.
  •     It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.

It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining.

Plan B is best effective when taken within few hours of unprotected sex. 

Plan B pill does have its side effects - few are listed below -

• nausea, diarrhea, or stomach pain;
  • dizziness, tired feeling;
  • breast pain or tenderness;
  • changes in your menstrual periods; or.
  • headache.

Here is info on fertility -

Tracking your ovulation

• Work out the length of your average menstrual cycle. Day one is the first day of the menstrual period and the last day is the day before the next period begins.
  • Ovulation happens about two weeks before the next expected period. So if your average menstrual cycle is 28 days, you ovulate around day 14.

Remember the ‘fertile window’ is the six days leading up to and including ovulation.

The three days leading up to and including ovulation are the most fertile. Depending on your cycle length the most fertile days in the cycle varies:

• If you have 28 days between periods ovulation typically happens on day 14, and the most fertile days are days 12, 13, and 14.
  • If you have longer cycles, say 35 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 21 and the most fertile days are days 19, 20, and 21.
  • If you have shorter cycles, say 21 days between periods, ovulation happens on day 7 and the most fertile days are days 5, 6, and 7.

Since her periods are irregular, fertile days calculation can go astray. Unprotected sex on 21 plus a leak on the 31st is little dicey. Please wait for her scheduled period days to come and then conduct a clinical pregnancy test. Good luck