i thought i was going crazy! I have been to 21 doctors in 3 1/2yrs. Is it possible I could have a vaginal tear? Air only escapes after I urinate and wipe. I had a serious sinus infection for almost three years untreated with no antibiotic. 2 months ago I almost died and finally someone believed me. I was treated with 21/2 months of biaxin xl, Iwas also having severe pain in my abdomin for several years. After taking the antibiotics my pain went away but the air escaping is stiil there, is there a test out there that can detect a vaginal tear? I have already had two transvaginal ultrasounds. I look forward to your reply! sincerely, patti

hello, I have exactly the same problem.After I urinate there is air trapped in my vagina which I have to expell by moving my pelvis or sitting down.Is there a cure

jane x :'(

I was looking around on the web for information on this because my daughter just went to a urologist today because of recurring urinary tract infecgtions and pelvic pain. After he used a scope to look at her bladder, my daughter just happened to mention the air problem and we saw an immediate concerned look come over his face. He is sending her for a CT Scan on Monday because he is afraid she may have an Enterovesical Fistula. Look up the term "Pneumaturia" on the internet... that's what the "vaginal air" thing is called.

You should go to a urologist and tell them your problem. It could be you got better for a while because of the antitiotics you were on for the sinus infection, but it didn't cure the fistula so you still have air coming out. Please go get checked out... this can be serious and life threatening if you don't get treated. It would explain why you don't feel well. Look up the "Enterovesical Fistual" and see if you have any of the other syptoms. Good luck!

! thank you so much for this posting on Enterovesical Fistual. i tried so many resources and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, i made an appointment immediately.

thanks thanks

...and what was the result????

Did you see if you have a vesicovaginal fistula? There are docs in Atlanta that specialize in this dx and treatment.

Hi, I'm feeling the same. Did you discover the cause of that? After I urinate I feel air inside and I need to sit down for the air scape

Hi, did you find the reason? Please tell me I'm feeling the same