Hello. I am 27 years of age and in a trouble. I have had urinary infections several times in my life and I have always treated them in time and with extra care, since I was always afraid of complications. Nevertheless, these complications got me. I thought it was just another infection, but doctors said that bladder fistula found could make things worse than usual. Is there anyone who had similar problems? Please, answer me.

Hi I might be able to help you. Three years ago, I was shocked when doctors told me of bladder fistula found in my abdomen. It was connected with my vagina (so called vesicovaginal fistula). Doctors had to remove it by chirurgical method, and they said that it was a very complex operation. I had to use catheter for several weeks after the operation, but I am o now. You did not tell me what type of fistula you have. Doctors told me back then that there are 2 other forms: enterovesical (connects with bowel), and the type that connects with skin (very rare). Which one you have?