i am not having intercourse with anyone, but i suddenly began having what seemed like vaginal farts every day for the last two weeks. (i also haven't been doing anything new excercise-wise).

a sex-ed/women's health educator i know told me that sometimes air can also come out the urethra -- which is related to the digestive system -- and i'm pretty sure that's where my air is coming out. it comes out in little bubbles, not like a fart so much.

i have a history or digestive issues, and a couple of surgeries related to that (one when i was six weeks old, one when i was 16 -- i'm 32).

i can't really find any info on this.

I am glad I read this! I've been having the same issue ('farting from the vigina). Actually, yesterday I was able to pay attention very well, and it's coming out of my urethra not vagina. So, does this mean I have digestive problems?

I am so glad I found this. I've been 'suffering' with this issue (farting thru vagina/urethra). Yesterday, I really noticed that is for sure coming out of my urethra not from the vagina. So, does this mean I have digestive problems?

um question. is there any kind of odor when this happens? because ive been having similar things and have digestive problems, but everything says vaginal farts have no odor...but when it happens to me there is an egg-like odor... :$

i've been having these popping sounds, sometimes fart-like, sometimes gurgly like air bubbles for the last month or so. dont know what's causing it or what to do about it. is there any medical info about this? can this be dealth with with a change in diet? this is embarassing. it happens often, sometimes it smells, sometimes it doesnt, not related to sex :$ . could this be related to menopause?

Have any of you discovered the cause of this or anything more?

My wife has this problem. It was discovered that a fistula formed between her colon and bladder. It was caused by her diverticulitis condition. Intestinal gas and material were entering her baldder. Surgery has been scheduled to correct the problem.

hey every woman out there facing the embarasing "vaginal fart." Just so you guys know, I'm not any expert, but because of all the embarassing situations I've had with this "vaginal fart" or as its called, "queef" I have made many research about this subject, not to know what it is but how to STOP IT!! bad news ladies! there's no cure or nothing you can do to stop it, because it's just air going in your vagina and hey! it has to come out. Since the vigina is a dead end, the air comes out from the vigina. Some say that if you squeeze or tightent your pelvic muscles, or the muscles in your vigina; it will prevent from air going in. This is a problem that affect all of us, some more than other. However I have read your comments and some of you produce odor in those viginal fart, this can be due to "colovaginal fistula", a serious condition involving a tear between the vagina and colon. Hopes this helps!! if not, talk to your doctor!

I have read some of your posts and it seems the topic is about tiny bubbles from the ureathra not vagina. The Vagina bubbles or gas is normal...but those aggrovating tiny little bubbles that seem to just seep out whenever they want to is very annoying to say the least. They are not painful...but extremely annoying. I have had a partical hystorectomy (sp?) many years ago...but this problem has just occurred after the age of 57. I just wish the male doctors would not treat us like we don't know what is going on in our bodies. We do feel these strange things and only want an answer to why are they happening.

Girls...I believe the reason that male doctors do not know about this occurance is b/c of years of silence. I do not believe this is something new...but something our mothers just did not discuss with male doctors. I bet if we went to a female doctor, over the age of 40, she would know exactly what we are experiencing. I feel so much better to know that someone else is experiencing this and I thank the administrator of this site for allowing us to vent our frustrations for answers. We need to share what we are feeling so that we do not have to be embarassed by what is happening to our bodies. The female body is very complex and sometimes we get those (two-head) looks from male doctors...I know I have had my share. Someone needs to inform them that this is a real symptom and please tell us why it happens...that is all we want to know. Maybe some want to know how to stop it or prevent it....but don't give us that (two-head) look or expression...PLEASE!! Thank you, Frances

I'm 25 and ever sense I had my son this has been happening to me it's really imberissing, bless the men for not caring my husband dos t mind but I hate it, i can't sit bend over or climb over something without hearing myself :-( is there nothing I can to?? My doctor is an ass says I'm fine but he doesn't have to live with this, I feel like it's only getting worse and louder. It's calming to know I'm not the only one

patihoyt wrote:

i can't really find any info on this.

patihoyt wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

i can't really find any info on this.

I know this post is old, but I have diverticulitis and have recently started having air coming out of my bladder. I thought it had something to do with my period, but i paid close attention, and it is coming out of my urethra in little bubbles. It doesn't hurt or anything, just annoying. I have found very little info about this but the only thing i can come up with is that i will have to have surgery to correct the problem. I am not sure who to call. My pcp or my gastroenterologist?

For the gas emitting from your urethra I would strongly recommend seeing your doctor. He/she will know who to refer you to. I am no expert, just another guy who doesn't mind hearing these little freeps. In fact, I find them amusing and endearing in my lady. It may be embarrasing to you, but we ALL make the other kind of farts an d they tend to be extremely embarrasing, with no cure for them, either. Not being an expert, as I said, but perhaps a tampon would stop or lessen them? I don't know. Kind of like a cork? You can't cap it off, obviously. LOL. This is starting to get silly, so know, so I'll stop.

but its not coming out of our vagina, but out of the URETHRA. the organ between your clit and the vagina. so what now? when my urologist inserted a cath air shot out and he asked me if this happened often and i said some times , but he commented no more on the subject and i was to worried about the pain i was in to ask more , my bad!! now it happened again and it has left me in pain simular to a U.T.I.

I know this post is old but my reply may help someone experiencing this embarrasing problem.  I have suffered (not in silence I may add, as it can become rather loud) for the past couple of years.  Recently I went without bread for a week and the problem disappeared.  I started back on the bread and bingo, back came the bladder farts.  I don't believe I have a wheat allergy as other foods are fine, but more a yeast allergy/intolerance/overload.  This week I have been eating sourdough bread without a problem.  This may not be the answer to everyone's problem, but a starting point to eliminate possibilities.  Cheers.