My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years and I started taking birth control pills last month. I've waited the full month to start having unprotected sex. We had sex on the first day of starting my second pack of pills. Is this dangerous due to the fact that for the past 7 days I've been taking those "inactive pills" during my period? I just realized that I should have waited a bit longer to be safe. Do I have an increased risk of pregnancy?

With Some birth control pills, like Alesse for example, you only have to wait 7 days after starting the pill before you can have unprotected sex. So after one full month on birth control pills, you almost definitely are safe from pregnancy, especially if you got your period during the sugar pills, then everything is working normal. You should be just fine.