I've been suffering from Anxiety disorder for some months now and I never had paranoid thoughts what so ever, but lately my Anxiety as gotten worse and I've been having paranoid thoughts like ,what if my family member is try's to hurt me,what if their talking about me behind my back,what if my brother tries to rape me  eh !!!!!Where the hell are these strange thoughts coming from!!!Is it normal to get these thoughts off anxiety , I really don't want to go schizo or turn crazy!!!.Can someone please help me.

Are you on any kind of treatment for the anxiety disorder? When there is any change in your original symptoms, after you've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, it could be that it's up to the treatment you were given, so the best thing you can do right now is to consult with your doctor to see if you are getting the right treatment. So, I know it's scary not knowing what is going on, but the last thing you need now is prolonging this - get your treatment reassessed as soon as you can and talk to the professional.

You should talk to someone like your family member about this, because your parinoia could be from a incedent or just because your scared of your family. Or something like that. Have you ever talked to a theripist about it? I not, you should try. It helps some. :)

It doesn't happen all the time,I only get paranoid thoughts when my Anxiety gets really bad.I'm not on any meds,I never been to a doctor ,I'm self diagnosed by my Mother who had Anxiety disorder when she was young,she said that the paranoid thoughts cause by severe Anxiety.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this.

As an ex anxiety sufferer, I can assure you that there is hope.

It is absolutely normal for someone who suffers from anxiety to think they are going crazy - I have experienced this myself and I understand the fear.

The very first step in recovering is taking control. You HAVE to stop looking at the symptoms and take control of the anxiety itself. It is a mindset that you have to change. Anxiety likes to throw symptoms at us and distract us from the real issue - how to change your thought patterns and get better. I can give you some advice, if you wish. I overcame one year of absolute terrifying anxiety and panic attacks with no medication, no doctors - through sheer willpower and changing negative thought patters into positive ones. I am not sure if there is an inbox facility on this forum, or if we may post e-mail addresses!

I would really like to help you in any way I can!

Zuena

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I would like to discuss this further with you, for I have the same fear, say a sponsor of some sort.