Hello everyone,

The closest friend I have ever had is suffering from paranoid personality disorder. So far he has refused to do anything about it but after months of trying to convince him, he agreed to do what I consider to be necessary in order for him to get better or to at least learn how to cope with this.

Now, I don't really know what he is supposed to do but that was part of the deal, I find out what he should do and then he does it. I am interested to know about alternative medicine techniques used to overcome paranoid personality disorder.

Only psychotherapy can help people who are suffering from paranoid personality disorder, I don't think that even medications are able to help with this matter. You need to take him to talk to a psychologist. He is probably going to have to visit him twice a week so I hope that you won't have to go with him every single time. His psychologist will then determine if he should take any additional steps in order to treat his disorder or to at least learn how to cope with it. It is a hard disorder to deal with, I hope your friend will be okay.

Eating Boss is right, my ex girlfriend is suffering from paranoid personality disorder (my advice to you is to never date someone who is suffering from this disorder) and I went with her once when she was going to visit her psychologist. It was her first time so she wanted me to be there to support her. Her psychologist told her that this disorder can only be treated with psychotherapy and that it is hard to treat it even with psychotherapy, that she needs to have a strong will, that she really needs to want to overcome this disorder, only then will she be able to do so.

Hello there! I am not so sure about those alternative medicine techniques. I know that Cognitive behavioral therapy is actually great and that this therapy represents a common approach to paranoid personality disorder treatment.. This type of therapy is based on the idea that our thoughts drive our emotions and resulting behaviors. You should seek for the best therapist because he will be able to help you with your PPD. Other therapies and treatments can help you, nothing else. 

So I really do believe that something else is just waste of time. Consult someone who knows the best. 

Hi. I am always scared of having some side - effects that all those medicines for treatments can cause. I am really scared, even if I do know that this is something quite normal and that people do have a lot of side - effects all the time. Yes, they go away, but still I am seeking for some alternative medicine techniques. So, how about some herbs that can help? If you are not OK with it, yoga also can be very helpful and breathing techniques as well. In addition, these methods can be really helpful for people who are experiencing side effect from medications and I am always choosing it.

Breathing technique is a good thing. It is helpful, but I do know a lot of people who were not able to learn how to breath properly. Before they learn it, they start to have some panic attacks and in most of the cases, they start to use some medicines.

Now, when I mentioned medicines, I need to tell that those alternative medicines sounds really good and I am sure that they can help, but also I am pretty sure that there isn't anything that can replace medicines. OK, they do cause side - effects, but those side - effects will go away. I don't know how much I do trust medications....