I had two miscarriages in last three years and I’m so desperate. Then my doctor told me that I should do Lupus anticoagulant test. And test detects the presence of the antibodies. I need to do it again next months to confirm a diagnosis. Anyone else has lupus anticoagulant antibody diagnoses?

I’m sorry for you. My friend has the same problem as you. She told me that lupus anticoagulant testing is requested when a patient has had an unexplained thrombotic episode or has had recurrent miscarriages. I know that anticoagulation therapy is particularly complex during pregnancy. She’s taking regular injections and we hope that she will be ok.

I was diagnosed with this antibody. Testing positive for this antibody doesn't mean that you have Lupus, it simply means that you are prone to blood clots. This can be a problem during pregnacy because it can restrict blood flow to the baby and cause miscarriage. Through all of the research I've done (and it's quite a bit,) I've found that the best couse of action for a doctor to take is to prescribe subcutaneous heprin injections and a low dose asprine regime. This also happens to be what my doctor prescribed for me. I have to give myself a heprin injection twice a day for the entire length of my pregnancy. It's no big deal, I just inject it into my stomach, and I take a baby asprin everyday as well. It really is no big deal. Studies have shown that with this course of treatment, the chances of carying to term and having a completely healthy baby are greater than 80%. That's really good odds, so don't worry.

My name is Nicole I'm 22 years old have i have a 7 year old and a 3 year old i have had one miscarriage and i was one birth control for a period of time. I have had 2 blood clots they were 13 months apart . I now take coumadin and will for the rest of my life. the Dr.'s are having a hard time getting my INR where it belongs, I went to see a couple of Dr.'s in Philly to find some answers on why i keep getting Blood Clots . And thats when i found out that i tested positive on my Lupus anticoagulant test, My Dr. explained it to me but i really dont understand that whole thing . Once i herd Lupus it really scared me and thought oh no i have cancer . But i herd just because you have lupus antibodies doesnt mean you have cancer, But still dont know what to think . I am to young for this and have My girls to worry about and take care of . On top of all that i have been getting severe headache's and my right arm will go tingly or sometimes even go numb. and i will also get sharp pains in my legs. My blood clots have never been in the legs . I have only gotten them in the left lung. I had to stop working because of all this . I am scared and sometimes cry my self to sleep . I dont know who better to talk to then some one who has or is going threw what i am going threw. If there is anyone who would be willing to talk to me please do so cause i am scared and need someone to relate to. thank you for takin the time to read this.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I was diagnosed about one year ago after having a stroke and 3 to 4 years of terrable migrains and stange spells lets say i had 2 boys both were threatend misscarages complete bed rest and anti contracion meds for all but the first 3 months of preg. I think my age might have helped not sure was around 22 with first son 24 with second . My first son was born with a small piece of his mid brain missing the corpus collsium
while no one really dies from it my son did at 5 years old my second son now 12 years ia great . I tried to get pregnant with another after the baby died,but could not know i know it could of been from the disorder that was building in my body. now im 40 and im glad to be alive almost died at 39 on 7.5 ml of cumadin 7 days a week . my doctor i have said i was lucky to get and maintain even one pregnacy. i guess your blood gets sticky in simple terms and makes the egg hard to penatrate . then if you get preg the bloods to thick or sticky and the baby dies early on .its like gods way of taking care of the rest?

I AM CURRENTLY ON 7.5 ML OF CUMADIN NOW, 7 DAYS A WEEK... I AM ONLY 24 YRS OLD AND AM SCARED AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

I bearly found out I had lupus antibody and I'm only 19 I have a 2 year old daughter and I've had pulmonary embolisim before...now I'm taking coumadin and I'm okay but I really don't know what to do...do u die frm this or what? If your going thru the same thing I would like to hear your story my email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

anonymous wrote:

I bearly found out I had lupus antibody and I'm only 19 I have a 2 year old daughter and I've had pulmonary embolisim before...now I'm taking coumadin and I'm okay but I really don't know what to do...do u die frm this or what? If your going thru the same thing I would like to hear your story my ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I know just how you feel......I am only 18 years old when i found out I had the disorder......I had a really big blood clot from my groin to the back of my knee back in Sept. of 2010.......I was so afraid when I found out and I thought I was going to die......the college that I was going to made me drop because of the situation and its just not fair......I am glad that you didnt die from the embolism....that is just so scary.....I dont know what to do but I really wish I had someone to talk to about this......please ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I am 38 years old and have three children, 9, 6 and 2. I had a small blood clot in my lung recently and had one slightly elevated lupus anticoagulant test. I am scared to repeat the test, because it means being off coumadin for three weeks. The doctors told me that in over 95% of the cases, blood clots that become embolisms in the lungs come from the legs even if the leg ultra sound does not detect any residual clot. It simply means the entire clot traveled to the lungs. I am frightened and for the first time in my life started anxiety medication. The uncertainty is too much to bear and thoughts about clots haunt me all the time. It's hard to enjoy my time with my children because I am always fighting thinking about this. One article described it as mental anguish and I agree! Did you have the second clot while on coumadin? Which doctor did you see in Philly? I have an appointment Wed. with Dr. Charles Abrams.

Yes my 11 year old son does.

Hey Nicole1217 my name is Crystal and I was just diagnosed with this problem 6 months ago after a sever allergic reaction landed me in the hospital the blood clots in my lungs were found. After several test I was told I have Lupus Anticoagulant I had no symptoms before so I thought, but I learned my 2 miscarriages was caused by my condition. I do have sever headaches almost daily and chest and leg pain always exstreamly tired. I still work fulltime at a school and I find it harder and harder to find the energy to deal with twenty 4/5 year olds. How are you coping?

I was diagnosed with anticoagulant Lupus when I was 21 after the loss of my 2nd baby.The 1st at 6 months, the 2nd at 5 months. I had developed a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) a month after my 2nd loss I have always wanted children & the doctors say it isn't impossible just have it planned well its been 17 years I have not been pregnant once I have not used any contraception & still nothing my husband & I went to a fertility doctor he said both he & I where fine nothing wrong. So, I'm still wondering why I'm not getting pregnant. Now that I'm older it's harder & harder to get pregnant & my opportunity to be a mother is slipping away. & I am really at a loss on what to do.