I work as advertising manager in one large firm. Because of my job and constant dealing with deadlines I am experiencing stress constantly. At first, I noticed that I have trouble sleeping and that my concentration is poor. But lately my condition is getting worse. Even my disease seem to be worse (I am suffering from the SLE). Does stress affects lupus?

Many symptoms, those that you have mentioned and other can appear in people did not have any condition, in healthy people. But if you already have the disease of that kind, such as lupus, it is normal that stress affects you a lot. If you do not treat this you can develop: anxiety, depression, headaches, muscle aches, skin eczema, constipation, diarrhea, etc.

YES! Stress can and does affect all autoimmune diseases especialy SLE lupus. I have had SLE for over 8 years
and each time I have had a flare I was under more stress than usuall. I just had a small stroke 3 weeks ago along with scleritis of my
eye's. And if I wasn't being treated for APS with coumadin this blood clot that IS in my brain would have been bigger and probably have either crippled or killed me. Instead it only made one side of my mouth weak and my grip a little weaker along with some minor cognition
change. Other wise I am very lucky and am so gratefull to all my Doctors who have treated me for this disease .
Watch everything that other people take for granted, weather it is a sinus infection , to much sun or stress, high blood pressure because they all irratate something that may start the rabid wolf to attack within you. Our brains are nothing but nerves and stress
is the condition that our CNS distributes though out our system for better our worse. So yes stress can make us real sick.
VinnyK a Lupus Survivor :$