Hi, guys. My friend has been administrated to the hospital. He is diagnosed with pulmonary embolism. I know that this condition is quite serious. That is why I would like to know the ways of fighting with this disease. What are the options? I would appreciate all your replies. Bye, guys.

Hi to you too. Pulmonary is a serious condition and doctor must react promptly. First, your friend will receive fast-acting anticoagulant. This is heparin. It stops the making of new clots and enlarging of existing ones. If the situation is life-threatening, then one must receive thrombolytic therapy. These are streptokinase and urokinase. They dissolve the existing clots. Vein filter is often put to prevent clots from relocating to pulmonary artery. I hope this helps you. Bye!

Hi Guys
I to just got out of the Hospital from Having a Pulmonary Embolism, I was in the Hospital for total of 13 days. First they thought It was Pneumonia then not getting any better, and weasing and having trouble getting air up my lungs, The ER DOC said I think you have a Blood Clot. They finally took a CT scan when in 30 minutes came up positive. I was on alot of Antibotic and
also Meds to help me breath. Lovenknox shots which are a blood thinner, and now Warfarrin, ( Coumadin). I'll probably have to be on it for the rest of my life. They talked about putting a filter in my heart cavity but so far have not. Its a hard road to get over. It has been almost a month and still feeing lousy. Hope this helps;.