Hi, there. It seems that my organism is very sensitive. I am allergic to several medications. I am allergic to penicillin, vitamin B6 and aspirin. Who knows what next I will be allergic to is? I wonder if there are allergy skin tests available for all drugs. It would be nice to check that out.

Hello. Drug allergies are usually not diagnosed upon skin tests. Anamnesis that is made by a doctor is important. Sometimes a doctor can give a certain medicine to a patient to see how he will react to a drug. There are skin tests for drug allergies, but not for all medicines. Penicillin is the most common cause of drug allergies, so you can find these skin tests. There are also tests for insulin, heterologous serum, streptokinase and chymopapain. Heterologous serum is used for prevention of diphtheria, botulism, severe gangrene, snake and spider bites and organ transplant rejection. Chymopapain is used for herniated discs. You don’t need to examine allergy to all drugs. When you apply the medicine for the first time in your life, the chance is small to get an allergic reaction. There is a bigger chance next time, but it is not obligatory.