Hi, my friend told me that his son is suffering from allergy. He also said that he is allergic even on the dust. As I have daughter I would like to know what the symptoms of allergy are. It would make me prepared if something similar happens to her. I would be thankful for any information I can get.

Hi, there are many symptoms which may appear in allergies. Some of them are less dangerous while the other are even life threatening. Very dangerous symptom is urticaria which is skin reaction characterized by itchy swelling with red welts. Swelling may cause pressure on the larynx and block airways. Allergic shock is also life threatening reaction. It is characterized by nasal congestion, nausea, vomiting and fall of blood pressure. Other symptoms like allergic eyes, allergic eczema and asthma are unpleasant but not life threatening.

My son has been diagnosed with food allergies. His symptoms include severe stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. He has a delayed reaction, which means that his symptoms may not appear until 3-4 days after eating a certain food.