Hi, I have a friend who is allergic to dogs. He told me that whenever he is near them he starts to sneeze. One day he called me to come and visit him. When I got there he showed me the effects of his allergy. His arms were all covered in rash and he just couldn't stop scratching himself. There is some medicine that he is taking which helps him. I have never experienced this kind of problems. I was wondering if you can tell me what causes skin allergy reactions.

Hi, the symptoms of dog allergy are the same as the ones in any other allergy. One of them is itchy skin rash. Since your friend is allergic to dogs, I will explain it to you in his case. When a person, like your friend, gets in touch with spores carried trough air, whose origin is dog's fur or urine, his body reacts. It reacts by creating antibodies that see the spores as enemies. Even though the spores are eliminated, the body still produces antibodies that remember the spores, so that they could protect the body from the threat if it happens again. As a result, histamine is produced which causes, among others, skin allergy reactions such as itchy skin rash.

i have the same problem on my arms do you know the name of the med he uses?