i am on birth control and i would like to kno if my boyfriend still needs to use condoms while we make love? plz let me kno if you have any info!

birth control pills are good at preventing pregnancy but they do not work 100% of the time, its really up to you, but im sure that your chances of getting pregnant are much lower if you use both the pills and a condom, but like i said, its up to you

Birth control pills, when taken everyday at the right time, are said to be 99% effective. If you miss a couple pills here and there, you're no longer at 99% effectiveness. The Pill prevents ovulation, therefore any sperm that get in your body have no egg to fertilize.

Keep in mind though, birth control pills DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM STD'S. Condoms are a better method of preventing yourself from getting an STD.

It's up to you whether or not you want to be extra safe by using condoms to prevent pregnancy in addition to using birth control pills. Also, if you use the pill and the "pull-out method", you should be pretty safe that way too.

Hope that helps! :-)

condoms are not considered necessary with the pill as when it is taken according to directions it is very highly effective. familiarise yourself with all the information relevant to your prescribed birth control, so you know how to take it properly. personally myself and my girlfriend use both condoms and the pill, however i only put the condom on as i'm nearing finishing. if condoms and the pill are used correctly at the same time failure rates are something like 0.03% or lower (from memory) over a year (presuming 150 sex acts i think for this stat). as noted by another poster the pill does not protect you from STIs so i would not advise sex without a condom unless you are certain your partner has no STIs, have him tested.