hello!!!!! so i have been on the pill for about over 9 months with no sex, my boyfriend and i are planning on having sex. will i get pregnant if we have unprotected sex and he cums inside? i really need some good advice!!!!

Hi Spaceship,

The birth control pill IS a form of protection.  Just be aware that it only protects against pregnancy not STD's.

Be sure to take it exactly as directed.

Remember too, no form of birth control is 100% effective.  With any sexual contact there is the risk of pregnancy.

Good luck.

Hi! They made the pill to stop unwanted pregnancies and sometimes it's used for other medical problems too but that's not what your looking for. The pill is 99% effective and it works well to stop unwanted pregnancies but it doesn't work for STDs sexually Transmitted Diseases! Yes you can still get HIV, AIDS and alot of others too! You shouldn't have sex just because your on the pill you have to really think about if it is the "time" for you to do such a special, wonderful, act of love before it's your time! Think about it, you only get this one time so you really need to ask yourself if your really in love with this person. You need to be old enough too! I was young when I lost my virginity and really wish I would of waited for the right man!
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SEX AFTER REALLY THINKING ABOUT IT MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANY PILLS AND MAKE HIM PUT ON A CONDOM! THIS SHOULD COVER YOU BOTH WAYS. NOT GETTING PREGNANT AND NOT GETTING STD's. PLEASE! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ AND LEARN ABOUT TAKING THE PILL AND WHAT IT DOES TO YOUR BODY! IF YOU SMOKE AND TAKE THE PILL IT CAN REALLY MAKE YOU SICK!!
I'm just a mom and I'm a grandma too! This is what I was taught and I saw your post and thought if I had a daughter and she posted this I would hope someone would care enough to help her! Good luck and be careful! Nanimal

Thank you for your responses... A lot to think about... Hope I make the right choice, cause "he wants to cum inside me but I'm too cautious and paranoid"

It is your choice spaceship, whatever you decide. He should not pressure you but instead respect your feelings.

There is nothing wrong with being cautious or paranoid in this case.

Good luck.

Your welcome spaceship! I agree totally with Dan! This is a very special time for you so you shouldn't let anyone try to talk you into anything, especially sex! If you don't feel like you wanna do it tell him (nicely) that your not ready and if he doesn't respect that then he doesn't respect you! No means no!
I admire that you are asking for advice! Study up on taking the pill and find out just how it works.
I hope this helps you with your concerns! I wish they had this when I was young and had questions!

Nanimal

I have three children. Had my first at 18. All three... I was on birth control. No condoms. I"m not just saying this to scare you to not have sex. I had my first one at 18. stayed on birth control, had the next one 7 years later, stayed on birth control, had my next one 10 years later. Had a kid at 40 and was totally not wanting to. Switched to some pretty dang strong birth control, It worked for 10 years, then at 40.. "surprise, you're gonna be a mom again".... Always use a condom. When you get married and want to start having kids, then stop. If your boyfriend tries to guilt you into not using one, think about taking care of a baby 24 hours a day. Waking up for all night feedings, diapers, food, daycare, cloths, medical bills... and not having time to go hang out with your friends. Don't let him cum i nside you. Even on birth control you can get pregnant. Like I said, I have three kids... all three I was on birth control.

A backup can't hurt but...

Since you had your first at 18 and another at 40, that means you started birth control at least 22 years ago.

Things have changed SUBSTANTIALLY in medication. The older medications had lots of problems and severe side effects/health risks. The newer drugs are much safer and are very effective.

Just my two cents.

Let me give you alil insight of myself... I'm 21 nt a virgin... Sex with a condom is uncomfortable for me, the rubber makes me dry but without it I'm jst fine... Iv used the withdrawal method didnt get pregnant but thts before I went on the pill... Some now tht iv been on it for a while "haven't hd sex since uv been on it" would I get pregnant if he came inside me?

Spaceship,

You ARE protected by the pill alone. You DO NOT need a condom or anything else.

The point is that there is NO SUCH THING as a 100% effective form of birth control so no matter what you choose to do, there is always going to be a chance of pregnancy.

I know what you mean... Thanks a mill for your help.

The pill was made to allow boyfriends cum inside. Cumming inside makes sex better for BOTH partners.