Hi. I'm 50 years old and I'm experiencing some strange health problems. Almost five years my menstrual periods stopped and I entered a menopause age.
Maybe it is coincidence but in a same time I also started to suffer from my nose problems.
I can't even imagine how much problems I'm having with my nose and most severe symptoms are sneezing, a blocked or congested nose, a watery discharge ('runny nose'), and an itchy nose.
I did some allergy tests but they all came negative so I was wondering is it possible that my rhinitis problems could be caused by menopause.
What kind of things can cause rhinitis?
Thanks!

Rhinitis means inflammation of the nose. You have experienced almost typical symptoms like congested nose, include: sore throat and loss of smell.
Term atrophic means that your normal nose mucous membrane is reduced because of inflammation.
I understand you did some allergy test. You were right -an allergy to house dust mite or to a pet is the common cause.
It is quite uncommon to get these symptoms during menopause but there are various other causes or 'triggers' for the symptoms.
Hormone changes during pregnancy, puberty, and after the menopause can sometimes cause nose symptoms. So, it could be caused by menopause but I will rather look for solution in the different types of medications because a side effect from certain medicines is sometimes a cause. These include: beta-blocker medicines, aspirin and other usual anti-inflammatory medicines you probably used.