Hello! My brother suffers from mold allergy. He often had runny nose and itchy eyes and throat. We noticed that he was sneezing each time he went to our basement and after that he usually had runny nose and itchy eyes and throat for days. My mother took him to the doctor and he made some skin and blood test to discover what was he allergic to. He prescribed some nasal spray. Can Mold allergy symptoms grow more severe in time?

Hello! As I know serious allergic reactions to mold are rare. The symptoms are usually the one you described: runny or stuffed nose, sneezing, watery eyes, skin rash or sinusitis. The symptoms usually don’t grow more severe if you are under regular medical treatment. But, exposure to high levels of mold can cause problems in people with wakened immune system. So, your brother has to avoid damp, musty areas. It is also found that people with mold allergy are at increased risk of having a life-threatening asthma attack. If a person suffers from asthma and mold allergy too it is important to have an emergency plan in case of a severe asthma attack.