I would appreciate some information about hayfever. I have this as long as I can remember and it is going on my nerves. Why some people have it and others don’t?

Hayfever is an allergy, which results in irritation and inflammation of the delicate linings of the nose and the eyes. Allergic rhinitis is the allergy of the nose and the allergy of the eyes is called allergic conjunctivitis or hayfever eyes. Hayfever is known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, because the symptoms are typically seasonal. They re-acurre annually when the atmospheric levels of pollen or spores are highest. If you suffer from hayfever, you probably react to one or more of the airborne allergens like: grass pollens from rye grass, timothy grass and others, tree pollens from oak, elm, ash, certain mould spores etc. Hayfever-like symptoms in some people occur throughout the year in the condition of perennial allergic rhinitis and this condition results from an allergy to substances. These substances are continuously present such as house dust mites, animal fur, certain chemicals, medicines or foods. Some people have this and some don’t, it all depends on genetic predisposition. Hayfever and perennial allergic rhinitis are more likely to occur in conjunction with other allergic conditions like asthma or eczema.