I was told that my birth control (Aviane 28) is not strong enough to prevent pregnancy ... is this true?

i havent really heard of that. But Obviously its strong enough if its a Birth Control product... I dont think my doctor would give me Aviane if it wasnt strong enough. The last time (like a yr ago) I went on birth control and they gave me Aviane then.. So obv. its strong enough? i dont know, just thinking is all.

That's silly. The FDA has to approve all drugs on the market, including Aviane. They haven't let a single BCP pill on the market that has had a proven effectiveness rating under 99% (in perfect use, of course - if you miss pills or take them late, that's another story). Now, it may be true that you're the one in a hundred or a thousand or whatever for whom Aviane doesn't work, perhaps because of your natural body chemistry or fertility levels, or for whatever reason. But you shouldn't assume that you're in that 1% until you have a reason to think so.

My doctor actually told me that Aviane is not strong enough. The only reason why he prescribed it for me was because i recently had a baby (2 months) and i was breast feeding. He told me that as soon as i stop breast feeding he would prescribe something stronger for me. I missed a pill for one day, so i took it the next day when i would normaly take it, because thats when i realised i missed it. Therefore i ended up taking two pills in one day. Two days after that my husband and i had unprotected sex and now i've missed my period and starting to wonder if im pregnant, just because my doctor told me that Aviane isn't strong enough. My advice is always use a condom even when your on Aviane because thats the only way you can be sure that your not pregnant.