I have had bartholin's gland cyst a couple times before. Has anyone else had them? My doctor drained it once and gave me antibiotics and it came back. i think that im going to have to have suergery to remove the gland. has anyone heard of this before or had it done? if so did it help you and did you have the cyst problem again? did it effect you sexually in any way; pain during sex, not wanting to have sex, not feeling the same etc... i have done some research on the surgery but theres not much information out there. i would like to get some actual opinions from people that have had experience with this before. thanks

I've had the surgery to remove the gland (already had marsupilisation and it never worked) and athough quite painful for a few weeks after, the sheer relief from never having a cyst again has been wonderful. It's been around 5 years now and I have no regrets at all. It doesn't affect your sex life at all, apart from recovery time and it's also better as you have no cyst to contend with! Hope that helps. Any more questions please ask.

I have had the surgery a few years ago, and I haven't had another cyst. Although, I had my surgery with my first cyst because it was so big and so painful. As long as you get a good doctor, it should not affect your sex life. I was not lucky enough to have a good doctor though and occasionly having sex is painful for me. But I do reccommend having the surgery. Hope this was helpful.