I've had a problem with a skene's gland blockage. I was wondering what exactly causes this and how can it be prevented. I've called about 10 different gyno offices and none have ever even heard of a skene's gland. Im not sure if there is a difference between a blockage and infection and a cyst? But i'd like to know the treatment for it and how to prevent them from coming back? Thanks So Much

Usually blockage is cause d by an infection or growth of a small flap of skin.You can't really prevent it.It's a rare abnormality.I had my excised yesterday at the hospital. It is a little painful afterwards but you can walk and sit normally. My doctor said the healing process takes 2days to 2 weeks! Good luck!

Skene Gland is also known as Periurethral cyst.
I have it and its a marble size, i went to my gynocologist
and he sucked it with syringe. But i hope it wont comeback.
Otherwise, i had to see a urologist to evaluate it more or
they may have to perform a surgery to remove the skene's gland.

i have one to mine started out marble sized and my doctor put me antibiotics with repeats since i have been on them it has spread to about he length of fingertip to knuckle i spoke to them and said it is still spreading and getting larger and i got told to continue with the pills is it dangerous for me not to have any thing done or should i see another doctor?

I'm not sure if I have the same problem and it's been bothering me for a month!! Can someone tell me where they see the marble size Skene Gland? Is it located on the opening of the urethra? Thanks so much

I have a cyst as well. They aren't positive if it is a Skene's gland cyst or if it is a diverticulum of the urethra. Either way it is almost golf ball sized and I have had it for almost three years, recently it has been getting slightly larger. I have yet to take care of it due to the fact that I don't have health insurance. I was just curious if there was any complications for having one for such a long time. Could it become something more malignant?

Definately go to a urologist, my Gaynor found mine after I gave birth to my son. I didn't even know it was there. I recently just had it removed by the urologist b/c he said even though I'm not having symptoms it can become problematic.

I believe it can be prevented by female ejaculation or 'squirting'. Please don't be disgusted and look into it.

I have had my Skenes gland blocked for about 2 years.  It inflated immediately after my use with my new toy (which I threw in the trash immediately after that happened)  My obgyn looked at it initially and took fluid from it and said that is was non-malignant and said that if it didnt bother me dont bother it.  There is little info on the web about having it blocked and the outcome on it so I decided to post my experience.  For the most part it did not bother me (a little aching after intercourse maybe), but I my husband and I did notice that my lubrication has been decreased and it does not match up to my desire, so that would be the only thing.  To solve the problem on my own I have been practicing to tantric exercises to unblock it myself thru squirting, but no luck.  Today my obgyn drained it with a syringe and the liquid was brown in color in no odor. So he is sending if off for cultures.  He told me to take a epsom salt bath and put me on Doxy antibiotic to rid myself of any harmful bacteria.  

Please, who performed the surgery, where it was done????

I am in Columbia, SC where Dr Lyman is my ob/gyn. He did it in office, just numbed it a bit and took the fluid out with a needle.

I have an infected enlarged skenes gland for 2 years. It all came about after the first time I squirted after climax. Me and my boyfriend think its gets bigger anytime I don't let my fluids out when I climax. I finally got approved for a grant at a hospital in my area. I go on Monday to see my urologist. I want this thing out of my body so bad. It keeps getting infected and it makes me feel like a freak.

how much did it cost to get removed? or drained??? I definitely have one, but now I always feel as if I have to urinate. I, also, do not have insurance. Could someone tell me what the estimate was for the removal/drainage?

thanks!

are you experiencing vaginal dryness now