Ok so I've had 15 cysts (including the one i have right now) the last one i had was in July and i had the Marsupialization surgery done (left side) but in April i had that same procedure done on the right. I now have a cyst on the right again. I've been checked... i have No STDs... could they miss something like an STD. Is it possible i might have one? I've been getting these cysts for a year and a half. since i was 19. I'm now 21... should I go to a new hospital even tho Ive seen about 5 different doctors all at the same hospital? I can't take it anymore. besides the two surgery's they usually cut them open while im awake and put the catheter (drain) in it. These cysts are usually so infected i go to the ER. They are VERY VERY painful!... what do you think I should do....????

I've had 2 Marsupializations done, atleast 7 word catheters, 3 sitz baths a day when I get these cysts..... now what is the "window operation?" I have not had that done. I it any better than Marsupialization?

I need help! Please! And what is causing these? just pressure to the glands? But why? or is it bacteria? I clean myself very well!!! How do I stops these!?!?! :'(

If you find out these information I have the same problem i been having them since I was 18 and now im almost 20. I haven't had the surgery ye. I just go to the Er and they drain them. I have had about 5 of them so far.

I am worried I have a bartholin cyst on the left hand side of my vagina, it's not extremely painful, ut does cause some discomfort at times. I have ben reading up about treatments and have read about marsupialization, and seeing as both of you have had it done I was just wondering what your experience was with them. Were they extremely painful??

I've had a cyst for a few years, it was never painful and never grew, so I never did anything with it.

I recently broke up with my long term guy, so I thought it would be a good time to take care of it, since there will be no "activity" for a while.

Last week, my doctor drained the cyst and now I have a catheter. The catheter has to be in for 4 weeks. To be honest, yes, it's a bit painful/uncomfortable to have that catheter in. The procedure itself was not bad. I'm just counting the days until I can get the catheter out! My doc said not to worry if it falls out, so I'm hoping it will fall out, too!

I have no idea what to do as well. I have been getting them since I started having sex. Even though I clean myself well I get them. I get them like every 3 moths. I have seen doctors and even a few different OBGYN's. They all tell me I DON'T have an STD and they can't really do anything to help me. They are usually only the size of a very big grape. But always very infected! They last for about 1-2 weeks and the whole time I have a high temp and A LOT of pain. Every time I go to the ER they say it's too small to drain but they give me pain meds. Every time I go into the ER they test me for an STD. Ive only had sex with one person and he was a virgin. I know I dont have an STD. I am sick of these things. I also am a fish when I have these things and I practically sleep in the water to soak. Anyone have any idea what I should do?!

I have one right now but this is my first time getting one. It is very painful, Im going to get it drained today and Im scared because you have to get a shot in the vagina to num it, I hope im unlike you guys and get one again i cant deal with this pain!!!!!!! I'v had it for about a week and a half but i got it right after i had sex with my boyfriend but i don't have any STD's i don't ever want to have sex again but they say it can come from in grown hair forget all of that its not worth it i don't want nothing!!! >;)

I had a marsupialization of a bartholin gland cyst a week ago. It had been my 3rd time having a cyst. This time i went to a gynecologist instead of the er. Way better choice. He set up a time for surgery and had tests run to see what kind of infection it is. Nothing anyone is doing is causing these cysts. They just happen and don't happen. People who are virgins still get these things, so it doesn't just happen to sexually active women. My cyst was about the size of an apple when i went into the hospital, i couldn't walk, sit, or move without tears. The Gyno said it was the largest cyst he's ever seen. I'm doing much better now, the surgery didn't hurt in comparison to the cyst. It still may come back, but i'm on 3 weeks on antibiotics, was in the hospital on 24 hr antibiotics. My doctor wasn't joking around! The lancing and having the drain put in was what happened the first times. This only for immediate relief of pain, because majority of the time it comes back after this. What i want to say, you all aren't alone in this... lots of women get these, we are the unlucky bunch i guess!

I had to write something because I had a bartholin that kept coming back. They tried draining by using a word catheter (worst experience and pain I have ever been through!) and another time by opening and putting in packing material I had to take out myself later (again a bad experience). The last time it came back I said enough cutting me open, if you have to cut me, then I want it to be a permanent fix, not temporary!!! I found a great surgeon and she was able to get me in. I was terrified because I had not read any good posts online. No I feel compelled to write so that anyone going through what I went through might find words of comfort.

I had it done on a Wednesday morning. I had some pain that night but it was not unbearable. I took one pain killer and rested. I had a flight out the next day at 5 pm to go to Florida. I took no medication except Motrin for swelling and kept an ice pack between my legs for the first 48 hours. I did my sitzs bath’s 3 times a day (then twice a day when I went back to work full time), I washed really well with gentle soap before each bath, I made sure to rinse after every time I used the bathroom. My incision was larger than normal because there was so much infection, she used absorbable sutures. I walked around a lot in Florida (wedding planning) but made sure to take the time I needed to rest and was careful not to push too hard. The only pain came if I sat down too fast or got up too fast, but otherwise, no pain. I went back for my check up 2 weeks later and was healing great. No exercise or sex for 6 weeks! Both of which were very hard but I obeyed. I just had my final check up yesterday, I am completely healed with a scar that it not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. My fiancé and I “celebrated” and everything went fine, we just were very careful. I am back at the gym running and feel great.

I urge anyone who has bartholins the keep returning to find a good surgeon to talk to. I waited the full 6 weeks to write because I didn’t want to write 2 weeks in and then have problems later. But you MUST follow the doctor’s orders if you want to heal completely and without complication. I am not saying that everyone will be okay, but do not push it! Doing sitz’s baths are pains but very necessary for healing and helping get any infection out! However, I just hope this helps anyone who was a scared as I was have some peace. These things can turn out okay!

Marsupialization is not the way to go ladies. It has been documented and proven that it does little in the way of preventing the return of cysts and abcesses. 60% of individuals that have the proceedure done, report reoccurances. The best bet is to make sure that your hygene is VERY good. I read an article that said some women are more sensitive and therefore more responsive to bacterial issues. Regardless of whether or not you have an current issue, sitz baths are a part of your daily life now until you have been problem free for atleast a year. 3 times day when you have an issue, one daily to maintain. The reason that this is important is that your gland is being blocked by something, to break that blockage up fluid heat must be applied,if you hate sitz bathes, then simply take a hot bath, with no soap (epson salt crystals can be added but can be drying is added everytime). I am sure that this is common knowledge but im going to make sure that everyone hears it cause it causes a lot of problems for women regularly and they dont even know it, pay attention to the way you wipe after using the restroom! Obviously front to back, but make sure that at no point could be transfering potential E.Coli from rear forward, this causes some bartholin cysts and abcesses. Drink water like no other, seriously, it helps your body flush out contaminants. Hope this helps. Been having them myself for years now, and am working on putting together a website for sufferers!

I went to the ER about a mine and it was the size of a big grape as well. they told me they couldn't do anything for me. They told me to stop soaking in warm water and let it fill up, then they would be able to do something for me. The cyst went away and came back, but this time it was so large and painful I couldn't walk. went to the ER. By the time I made it to the examination room the cyst ruptured on its own. There was so much blood. The Dr. pushed on the cyst to squeeze everything out and it hurt so bad. He left me in the room and came back to find the cyst filling up again. He decided to insert a catheter, the catheter fell out sometime the next day when I went to use the potty. They gave me pain pills and antibiotics. I just took my last antibiotic pill about two days ago. I'm waiting to see if the Cyst comes back. I got mine when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was told this was normal in pregnant women. I've battled with it for almost 5 years. I hope it doesn't come back, but if it does I will consider having the gland removed.

Well these cysts , if painful , can be Hidrentis Suppartiva. Look at the pictures and check yourself out. Maybe its it. If it is, theres no cure. Im 18 I just had a baby and its embrassing to have this. Talk about it to your doctor. Many do not know about this diesase of the aprocine glands. It affects buttocks , thighs even breast . Email me if anyone has this .

I have a bartholins cyst right now. I've been getting them for years now (18-24 now). I've noticed that the trend to come mostly right before my period starts. Which is very uncomfortable to have the two at the same time. I'm just wondering had anyone else observed this and is there a preventative? Haven't found one yet. I've had them mostly on the left but have had them on the right and even had one on each side at the same time. I'm quite sick of them to be honest. Every time I go to the Dr they tell me it's too small for them to do anything, they don't know what it is, or the lance it and pack it with gauze just for it to fill up again. Now today I have a yeast infection but I really want to sitz bath cuz that's the only relief you can get. I've always heard bathing can cause year infections or make them worse so what should I do ladies?

I've had this cyst on my left side also for about a year. It definitely does come before my period. My period also makes me break out in cystic acne. I guess I have that cystic gene. I'm in my mid 20's, anytime this cyst starts bothering me or hurting which is once in a blue or every several months I ice it. That is what my gyno told me to do it's instant relief and makes it go right back down to where I forget I have it. It's annoying that it doesn't completely solve the problem but it really is the best solution. I'm with you on the baths, they can cause infection they're kind of a no no for females. I wrap up a small clean ice pack and put it on and leave it alone and it heals great. Ice is the way to go! Also, my gyno told me the same thing about how it was too small at the time to do anything so ice ice ice

Get tested for std.. Clymadia and gonerhea can be a cause of the cyst

Ive never had one till now. Im supposed to be traveling to canada in two months to see my boyfriend and idk what to do its very small and it didnt show up till i popped an ingrown hair near there