Hi, I am diagnosed with Bartholin’s Cyst. What is this condition like? How can it be treated during pregnancy?

Women of reproductive age have commonly Bartholin gland cysts and abscesses. Usually, the pain is not noticed until the cysts become enlarged or infected. If doctor tries to lance the cyst or abscess, it will not e effective like by other common abscesses. After simple lancing of a Bartholin gland cyst or abscess, it will be recurred. Word catheter and marsupialization are more effective. About 2% of women are effected by this condition. At first they are registered by severe pain and limitation of activity. The choice of method use to treat the disease depends on the age of the patient and how large the cyst or abscess is.

Hi pulos,

I just had my 6th bartholin's cyst-- and the first one while i was pregnant. If the cyst becomes infected it will most likely take care of itself, but not before it becomes very painful. emphasis on the very. when it does become so painful that you feel like all you can do is take yourself to the emergency room, hang on, it's about to burst. as soon as it bursts it will be instant relief.

if the cyst is not infected, all you can do is wait until it becomes so. this is what happened with my most recent cyst (the 6th one) and it took about 2 and 1/2 months to go. Some doctors will lance an uninfected one, but my personal experience with this is not positive. my third cyst was uninfected and lanced and by the time i had gotten home from the doctor's a new cyst was already forming.

marsupalization seems to be effective for many women, however, i've had 3 cysts since having it done and in my opinion, the recovery from the marsup. is worse than the pain of the cyst before it bursts.

if you decide you want to make it burst on your own instead of waiting to get it lanced and drained, use a compress to bring boiling water (or as hot as you can stand it) right up against the cyst as many times a day as you can. i found this to be much more efficacious than the sitz bath. i also mix a little bit of salt and peroxide into the water as well.

i hope this helps someone!