I have recently been diagnosed with a third bartholin's gland cyst and i have been put on antibiotics because the glands continue to become infected. Could these cysts be a symptom of any stds?

Hello! I think I may also have a bartholin's gland cyst. I searched for my symptoms on the internet and that is what I got. I have a swollen cyst (I guess it is cysts, it looks like a ball or something) on my right vaginal lip. It hurts a lot, especially when I walk or sit in an uncomfortable position. I have to find a special position in which I could sit, so that it wouldn’t hurt. I’ve had it for 2,5 days now. I tried putting an ointment but it didn’t help. The ball is warm.

I keep thinking that it would go away if I didn’t touch it much, but it’s not. Can you, please, tell me if I need to see a gynecologist or if it will go away on its own? Is there anything special I should apply to get rid of it? Thanks

i also have a bartholins cyst, and i am going to get it removed. it doesnt hurt, but i am pregnant and i would like to have a smooth delivery. sometimes they go away on their own, but a lot of times you have to go to a gyno and have it either drained or removed.

For those of you that have this Bartholins Cyst could you describe it more to me? This is what I think I may have to but I am not seeing or feeling a lump. I did find a picture online and I dont have a pea sized lump.What I want to know is it visible by looking at your vagina? Is it obvious if you have it? I went to my OB/GYN as an emergency last week and he wasnt sure, which I found odd to begin with. He said it was either a Bartolins cyst or some type of rectal nodule causing me to have pain and pressure on my left side, feels like something wants to fall out of me. I orginally thought that I had bladder prolapse but he said that was fine. I have been taking Ceftin antibiotic for 8 days now with no relief yet. If any of you that have had a cyst like this could you please describe your symptoms more in detail. Thanks! I recalled my doctor today and they just told me to soak my butt in tub 3 times a day and gave me another week of the Ceftin. Will see!