Hi everyone I am 21. I am here because my last period was October 8th, my periods are irregular (about every two months) I took a home pregnancy test which came up negative back in January and was concerned because I haven't had a period in so long. I went to go see a doctor on January 23rd, they had me take another test which also came back negative hcg. He gave me a papsmear and pelvic exam and then sent me for blood work and an ultrasound which determined that I had a series of cysts on my r ovary. My doctor was also curious about my thyroid gland being swollen. So now I am going to have a test done on that. Not to mention that he wants to do surgery to remove the cyst and anything that might be wrong with my thyroid. My husband and I were trying to concieve a baby. When all this takes place will it ruin the chance of me ever have kids. My doctor doesn't seem to think so, but said he won't know until more tests are done. What are the possibilities. I am deafly afraid. I have never had any health problems before this. Plus I have never had surgery :'( I am really scared and just need some advise and encouragement to pull this one thru.

Well the real danger with thyroid problems and ovarian cysts is during pregnancy. You should not try to conceive until you have your cystectomy and figure out what is wrong (if anything) with your thyroid gland.

Thyroid hormones play a particuarly crucial role in brain development during pregnancy.

Once you get those sorted out you should be able to have a full-term healthy baby :).

what is a cystectomy?

hi i dont think there is anything to worry a friend of mine suffers from same problem it gets cured and u can definitely have cute kids.. :-P

cystectomy would be a removal of that cyst

i'm 17 and had 2 cysts when i was 15, and am getting pains now,
does anyone know if you are more likely to get a cyst if you have suffered in the past? its a very distinct pain, like you;ve over eaten, and need a wee, but lower in the abdomen (so they thought it was appendicitis.
I've done pregnancy tests which are -ve.
Thanks

I am 17 and I had a cyst burst on my left ovary in the middle of the night when I was 15. My mother ignored all of my symptoms, so when it burst, she was thoroughly surprised. I went to the emergency room and was put on very high doses of morphine because the pain was so excruciating. They did many tests to find that it was a ruptured cyst, but the aftermath was much worse. I can no longer carry a baby in my left avary. Every egg from that side is bad. I have very irregular periods, and I had a miscarriage last year. It is the most painful experience a woman could go through. I encourage you to get the surgery so that you do not have to go through that. I may only be 17, but I am experienced enough to know better. So please! If you want to avoid the pain &trauma, get the surgery. It's guna be worth it.

Hi there,
I had a cyst rupture when I was 12 on my right ovary.. The Dr. Chose to watch me for a few years and at 14 decided to remove the cyst. At that time the cyst was the size of an orange.. They ended up removing my entire ovary.. I was so scared of my possibility of concieving.. I am now 35 and I have had 5 pregnancies.. 3 Babies and 2 miscarriages ( early on). I have a period every month. Your Other ovary will kick in and work double time.. Good Luck to you. Keep the power of Positive Thinking and you will be blessed with Beautiful Children someday!!