My friend is going to travel to Uganda next month. He's always going off to see remote parts of the globe, and it would not be the first time for him to get sick on his travels. I have heard that malaria is still a huge problem in that part of the world, so I wanted to help him be prepared and make sure he has got some malaria prevention drugs with him when he goes. What do you think is the best drug?

There are at least three major malaria prevention drugs. They are called Mefloquine, Doxycycline, and Malarone. All of these drugs can cause severe side effects, and for that reason many seasoned travels shun these drugs. There are natural steps that a person can undertake to prevent malaria, and many people feel that the benefits of the drugs do not outweigh the real risks of contracting malaria.