I have just been told that I have prediabetes and I know some major lifestyle changes are in store for me. I will do everything I can to prevent going into full blown diabetes type 2, but I do think I need to research medication options for diabetes at this point. What do you think is the best drug for diabetes?

I agree that prevention is the best cure! Since you have prediabetes already now, it is too late for prevention. With exercise and eating right, I do know that most people are (theoretically) able to reverse their prediabetes completely. The other side of the coin is also true - if you continue down the same path, you will have diabetes before you know it.

It is all very well and good to want to look around for the best drug for diabetes. There is nothing wrong with being informed, but ultimately the doctor that is treating you will decide what drug is the best for your diabetes. As a person without medical training - even a computer savvy one - you are hardly the best person to decide something as important as that.