I haven't seen any discussions on this topic so far so I hope that we can start one now. Most people like to have a drink now and again - I certainly do! I hate hangovers and think I have tried most popular methods of getting over a hangover quicker. But which drug is the best for curing a hangover?

I remember seeing several studies in the last few years that mentioned that there are really no cures for hangovers. Drugs such as Andrew's liver salts (which is not really made for hangovers, in case you were asking yourself), as well as methods such as drinking a pint of water before going to bed - all of them were tested. If I am not wrong, the results were that there is no such thing as a cure for hangovers, time and time again!!! There is a great prevention for hangovers though, and that is not drinking any alcohol.

Boooo..... have a red beer in the am... also there are packets you can buy...usually at the same place u buy your drink from, that you mix with water and drink before you put any yummy poison down your throat. THEY WORK!!!!! Take it from someone who used to drink....

Ive found the best meds for Hangovers are the same as for a Cold or Flu.

Antihistamines & painkillers,  paracetamol + doxylamine succinate

There is no cure for a hangover, it's a myth. Your liver can break down a unit of alcohol every 30 minutes, this is the same for everyone, the process involved, and the time, is the same no matter what, you have to wait until your liver does its job, you cannot speed this process up.  Some people get no hangovers, while others get severe hangovers, a lot of this probably has to do with alcohol withdrawal and how people react to it, dependency and the state of the persons mind, alcohol can trigger severe depression in some people which can just make a hangover like hell on earth.

If you drink 5 pints of average strength lager it will take 10 hours for your liver to beak it down, if you go mad and drink 10 pints, it's going to take 20 hours, hangovers that last for days, even a week, are probably because of dehydration, lack of fitness and other health and mental issues that drink can cause. Such as depression, anxiety, and things like that.

You should use a hangover pill solution, which is made up of natural substances and has no adverse reactions. Such hangover tablets prevent hangovers from happening and are taken before having any beverages. Thus by taking these hangover tablets you can prevent the hangover signs from happening. One of the safest and effective hangover pill is the Hangover Caps. The Hangover Caps hangover tablet works by eliminating the risky poisons included in alcohol and removes them from your body system.