I have had a sinus infection for about three weeks. I thought it would go away if I would just keep on having steam baths with eucalyptus and camomile. But nothing seems to work. Every time I bend over it seems like my head is going to explode. Not to mention all the mucus. I think I should finally see a doctor and get a prescription. But I am also hoping you could recommend some over the counter medication for my sinus infection instead.

I think that you give up on the idea of treating your sinus infection with over the counter drugs, and that you should go back to your original plan and go and see a doctor straight away. Sinus infections do get worse if you do not seek treatment. You need antibiotics to clear up your sinus infection.

The Choice of the best antibiotic is dependent on many factors. Antihistamines are the drugs used for sinus infection treatment. some of them are :
1.Penicillins
2.Macrolides
3.Cephalosporins
4.Fluoroquinolones