What over the counter drugs do you all prefer to take when you have a slight fever? My husband has been in bed with flu-like symptoms for three days now, and has been off work. He has also vomited, and has a fever. I want to pop over to the pharmacy and get him some drugs to help his symptoms. What would be best?

I always have ibuprofen in the house, because it is a fever reducing drug, as well as an anti-inflammatory. Of course, ibuprofen also offers pain relief and I heard that it is more friendly on the liver than paracetamol, for example. Having said that, you should still call a doctor if the symptoms persist.

Does tylenol reduce fevers? I think so! I take it every time I am feeling really bad, and I think it relieves fevers as well. I have never taken ibuprofen. Is that something that people in Europe use, or is it around in the USA as well? Perhaps under a different name?

Hey thank you for sharing such kind of information.