My whole family eats meat and other animal’s products but I just can’t. It’s been over a year that I haven’t eaten meat. I read in one article that vegetarians lack vitamin D3 that is important for calcium and phosphorus absorption and our bones. They also said that we can develop a condition called vitamin d deficiency. What supplements I need to take to make it up for the loss of vitamin d3. Thank you

Yes, you heard well. Deficiency of this vitamin could lead to rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults. However, vitamin d is made in our bodies after exposure to sun id UV rays. The problem is that people who don’t live in sunny areas can’t get enough of the UV rays necessary for vitamin d production. I live in Sweden and we don’t get much sun there and I am a vegan, so I have this problem as well. However, I do eat fish, so I get this vitamin from salmon, tuna fish, and sardines. I can also recommend Cod liver oil.