Hello! I need some info about vegetarian diet for my 19 years old daughter has converted to vegetarianism but to me it doesn't seem she is eating well enough. I want to help her and encourage this idea but she is currently only on fruit and a few carrots per day and to me this doesn't like vegetarian diet it is more like starving diet so I need some help info vegetarians diet related so I could help her prepare vegetarians meal the right way.

I am vegetarian for years and I can surely tell it has made my blood test perfect especially cholesterol levels related so I am kind of also protected of some possible heart attack and the other important thing that it is less likely vegetarians could be obese. Anyway vegetarians diet is not about eating only fruit or some fresh vegetables –the truth if she wants to live healthy and have an positive lifestyle than she needs to know what are the basics of vegetarian diet and those are in well planning and balancing nutrients –so even if the meat is excluded there are many ways to replace proteins by eating some other sort of food like mushrooms are and even some vegetables. Anyway a good vegetarian diet provides vitamins especially C and D as well as complex B vitamin; it should provide proteins and minerals such as iron, calcium and zinc.