Hello. I recently left out meat from my diet. Partly because I'm trying to lose some weight, but mostly it was my choice. I felt eating animals is wrong so I had to stop it. Now everyone is telling me that I should have a lot of proteins in my diet and that no other food can replace meat proteins which are very important for health. Is this true? Can anyone suggest me some good protein foods for vegetarians. Also, if you have vegetarian diet suggestions I'd appreciate it as well. I'm physically active (1-2 days a week) and I'm allergic to dairy.

Lentils have the best protein which can be digested by humans. Hope this helps

Whole grains are great source of proteins, such as wholegrain bread or brown rice. Especially good is quinoa. Just one cup of cooked quinoa contains about 18 grams of protein, as well as 9 grams of fiber. As aushi mentioned lentils are great source of protein, as well as beans and peas. Soy and tofu are protein-rich foods, and thy also contain other nutrients that vegetarians and vegans need, such as calcium, iron and vitamin B12. Don't forget nuts and seeds, they are also good source of protein. However, most nuts and seeds are also high in fat, so you don't want to make them your primary source. But they're great as occasional snack or post-workout snack if you're physically active.

Welcome to the veggie club... peas, beans and nuts are your best friends for protein.

You can add Soya Beans, Milk, Curd, Green vegetables in your diet.

Apart from that you can also use Gaia’s Spirulina Capsule in your meal plan to full fill protein requirement of the body.