Hi everyone! I have been diagnosed with paradontitis a while ago, and I did everything in my power to get rid of it. I have had an operation, laser treatments and brush my teeth all the time as well as using a waterpik daily. Nothing seems to help permanently. My gum disease always returns. This has lead me to think homeopathic or holistic medicine, that takes a whole body approach, might be a better way to cure my gum disease. What are your opinions about that?

Hi..
The vitamin C and D are natural remedies that are used to treat gum disease.

To boost your intake of vitamin C, eat foods rich in vitamin C, such as grapefruit, oranges, kiwi fruit, mango, papaya, strawberry, red pepper, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cantaloupe. Vitamin C can also be taken in supplement form. Avoid chewable vitamin C, because the acidity may promote the erosion of tooth enamel over time.

Sun exposure is one of the most important sources of vitamin D, because UV rays from the sun trigger the synthesis of vitamin D in skin. The National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements suggests 10 to 15 minutes of sun exposure twice a week, however the further away from the equator you live, the more polluted your city, and the more cloud cover there is, the less likely that this sun exposure will be sufficient.