Hello, folks. We all know that vitamin D is necessary for kids. The lack of this vitamin leads to rickets. However, I would like to know what vitamin D deficiency in adults may cause. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this question. Thank you in advance. Bye, folks!

Hi, there. Vitamin D deficiency in adults may lead to osteomalacia. It is the condition of softening of the bones. These soft bones tend to bow and fracture more often than healthy bones. Osteomalacia often appears if one is not exposed enough to sunlight. Sunlight is very important for vitamin D production in your skin. Osteomalacia can also be associated with conditions that interfere with vitamin D absorption in digestive tract. You shouldn’t mix osteomalacia with osteoporosis. In osteoporosis, a bone was formerly properly developed. I hope this helps you.