Hello, folks. I was at a dinner party last night. There was a couple that was vegetarians. However, I noticed they ate fish. This was strange for me. I would like to know if vegetarians can eat fish. Can anyone answer me this? I will appreciate all your replies. Thanks. Bye!

Hi, there. There are lots of types of vegetarianism. I cannot follow them up anymore. Pesce-vegetarians eat fish. I think they even eat chicken. How this suits with vegetarians, I really don’t have a clue. It seems that everybody is eating what it suits him/her. Don’t pay much attention. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

No, vegetarians do not eat fish. Pesecetarians do, however, but that is not the same as a vegetarian. :-)

I am a vegetarian. But i eat fish. Vegitarians who do not eat fish think they are better than those that do and try to excile fish-eaters. But heres MY rational. I dont eat meat because I can not tell if the meat is factory farmed or not. I dont think its bad for people to eat animals. I think that its bad the way we go about it. So since I cant tell which sources are inhumane and whichones arnt, I just dont eat it. I eat fresh fish that is caught from the ocean or sea. Not farmed fish (the package will tell you). Its the natural way we have always caught and eaten fish and I am okay with that. BUT illcall myself whatever I want. K Thanks

i think it depends on the person itself, the purpose of people being vegetarian is to have healthy life, as we know that red meat can be dangerous for our life due to cholesterol, etc, white meat is better, fish is much more better

Call yourself what ever you like but no matter how much you insist that you are a vegetarian, you are -not-.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vegetarian

People who abstain from all meat and slaughter-bi-products except fish are pescetarians

As a vegetarian, I don't feel that my diet makes me supiorior to anyone else, but thank you for speaking on behalf of all vegetarians.

No, you are not a true vegeterian if you eat any type of meat. Vegetarian is defined as an eater of fruits and grains and nuts; someone who eats no meat or fish or (often) any animal products. Now there are some vegetarians who claim to eat fish and eggs, but again, that is not a vegetarian at their purest form. A diet that excludes all meat and fish is considered to be vegetarian. I am sure there are alternate definitions because most people define whatever they do to suit themselves. I could say I am a vegetarian but eat a steak every month, and be my own definition of vegetarianism. To each their own.

That's a vegan...

The vegetarian way of eating can be a very healthy style
of eating. The rules still apply with healthy eating,
although you should add variety, balance, and moderation.

A vegetarian is someone who avoids all types of meat,
whether it be hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, or even fish.
Vegetarians are also sometimes classified by the type of
food they are or aren’t willing to eat. For example,
Lacto-ovo vegetarians will avoid animal flesh yet they
will eat eggs and most dairy products. A Vegan on the
other hand, will avoid all food that has any trace of
animal origin.

Because they don’t eat meet, vegetarians will often
wonder how they’ll get enough protein. Although you may
not realize it, the average American actually consumes
more protein than he actually needs. For the lacto-ovo
vegetarian, dairy products are an excellent source of
protein. Vegans on the other hand, get their protein
from nuts, seeds, and soy products.

Along the lines of beans, there are several to choose
from, including green or red lentils, peanuts, split
peas, pinto, soy, kidney, and many more. Some of them
you are already familiar, such as kidney beans in
chili, refried beans in Mexican dishes, red beans and
rice, and pinto beans. Although some beans taste good
as they are, others are available with different flavors
to help enhance their taste. Nuts are hihg in protein,
although they deliver a lot more fat than beans, which
means you should enjoy them in moderation. By having
one cup of cooked beans, you’ll get the same amount of
protein as eating two ounces of meat!

The nutrients of concern for vegans, who avoid all types
of animal food, are vitamin B12, calcium, and vitamin D.
In the average North American diet, the primary source
for B12 is animals. To have an adequate intake of B12,
vegans should reguarly consume vitamin B12 supplements or
foods, which contain vitamin B12, such as soy products
or milk.

For calcium, vegans can rely on orange juice or soy
milk, as they are fortified with calcium. Beans and
leafy green vegetables will also contain some calcium as
well.

Although all types of vegetarians rely on simple food
groups, controlling your vitamins and calcium intake is
something you should always do. This is very important
for eating healthy, as well as staying healthy. If you
control what you eat, you’ll have many years of healthy
eating ahead of you.

Hum. I think vegetarians should be allowed to eat fish. I mean, c'mon, its technically 'poultry', and when did EVERY SINGLE animal alive become non-edible. Yes, I do agree that as vegetarians we should abstain from meat but at the same everyone has to cheat once in a while, right? I mean who doesn't love Mcdonald's Filet-O-Fish?

I am not strictly vegetarian. I won't say I am because strict vegetarians get a little annoyed and huffy when you call yourself that but later reveal you eat fish. If you ask me, I tell people I will NOT eat anything warm-blooded. So I will not eat beef, pork or chicken etc. But I WILL eat fish. It's just personal preference.

I used to eat mean, red and white, as referred to...however as time continued I found that for personal reasons that I needed to stop. I started thinking of the meat as a face. At first I was able to eat chicken and now I can't eat that. However, I can still eat fish without this association with. I would love to hear someones insight to this.

Hi, there. There is lots of types of vegetarianism. I cannot imitate them up anymore. Pesce-vegetarians eat search. I consider they smooth eat weakling. How this suits with vegetarians, I real don't feature a evidence. It seems that everybody is ingestion what it suits him/her. Don't pay untold tending. I comic I've helped. Bye! Thanks

-------------
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hello!! Nice Que and i like it but i can't eat because of i do not eat non vegetarians.Thanks for sharing this information..

That would be me :)