My BF and I only see each other for a week once a month and we use condoms, but I want more protection. I also dont want to be on a birth control permanently. I just need it for a few days... any suggestions for a birth control? diaphragm and female condoms are not ideal.

I'm afraid that you are looking for something that is impossible because of the way birth control pills work in preventing pregnancy - they contain female sex hormones that stop the ovulation and change the tissue inside uterus that breaks apart and bleeds each month during your menstrual cycle. So, for the BC pills to be effective the hormonal levels need t be constant and that is why you have to take them every day. But, I think that the right solution in this situation would be for you to use some spermicide cream together with condom.