What procedures are done before birth control. please help! 19 years?
I am 19 years old and have been having irregular periods since i started my period. I think i have PCOS because of body hair... etc. I am a little overweight also. I want to go to the doctor to regulate my period. What do they usually do? Because i was there and they wanted to do blood test and i didnt want to.

To check for PCOS they will need to do blood work, it will check to see if your hormones are inblance or not...usually people with PCOS have inbalanced hormones and thyroid problems...they can also do a transvaginal ultrasound to look for cysts in the ovaries. If you do have PCOS they can put you on some meds to help with the hormones, which may regulate your periods... or they can put you on birth control to regulate you periods..it also helps with other symptoms...and great for protecting you from pregnancy.

may i ask why your against the blood test? its great to look at your overall health in general to make sure your healthy and often painless besides the inital prick.