I recently changed brands of birth control pills, and I am on my second pack of the new brand. I was a few days late getting my 2nd pack and had unprotected sex the day before I started my pills. This is the second week, and my breasts are "fuller" and very sore. I have never had this problem before while being on the pill. I also had a lot of pain while having sex a few days ago, felt like it was near my cervix/uterus area. So, I am wondering if I could be pregnant, because I don't want to keep taking my pills if I am. If I am pregnant, what effects can birth control pills have on the pregnancy? I know I should go and get a preg. test, but i just felt like this today, so I thought I would ask! I don't want to stress myself out if this breast tenderness could just be a side effect.

I'm having the same symptoms in a very similar situation - I just finished the 2nd pack, missed a couple doses that I took the next days along with that day's dose, had unprotected sex (kicking myself now!)... My breasts are fuller & tender, I have nausea & cramping. I am paranoid that I am pregnant & have not checked yet. What were your results??

Those symptoms are from the pill most likely..

You would need to be 4-6 weeks pregnant in order to feel pregnancy symptoms, IF you were pregnant, you would only be a few weeks.

YOU can take a pregancy test at about 14 days after sex.