Is it okay to skip the inactive pill EVERY month...I've been skipping mine for about 4 months now...

Thanks.

Yep. They are meant as reminder pills.. so that women can stay in the habit of taking a pill every day. But they contain no hormones or anything like that.

Yes, it is ok. I do that too. They're just placebo pills meant as a reminder of the daily pill-taking routine.

Some birth control medications have 'inactive pills' that are just low doses of the hormone. It is also not advised (for your reproductive system) to purposely skip periods, frequently. Every person's body reacts differently and you should consult your doctor before-hand to discuss the specific medication you are taking. It really varies by medication and body type.

Again, look into your birth control medication information. Some prescriptions have low-doses and not placebos. This is mostly a warning for people who just choose not to take their inactive pills. I know many women who just toss them out and don't take their medication for that week which is sometimes not how the medication was intended to be taken.

so what if i have skipped my period [purposely] two or three times, then once starting the new pack, waited for my period and had an EXTREMELY SHORT one... like a few hours. then i started another pack and now am waiting for my period, which is late. could it be that because i took so many active pills it threw off my cycle and now my period naturally comes later? and if so... how do i fix it?