I've been taking Yasmin for birth control for months now. I've been skipping the white inactive pills and just going right to taking the regular pills on a new pack for a while now to avoid getting my period. I've been starting to notice a little bleeding while having sex, but that's it. This started to freak me out so I've been taking the white pills for the last 5 days. I haven't gotten my period yet though? Did skipping the white pills for all of this time mess up something?

Nobody can tell me anything?

It is not safe to skip your period. Skipping your period can lead to an extreme build up of iron which in turn increases your risk of developing cardiovascular problems. It also affects your bone health. Your bones may become thinner and be more prone to problems.

My advice would be to only do this if really necessary and not to make a habit out of it or do it too many times. You could talk to your DR and see if you can go on a pill that would work for your schedule--i.e. having a period every 1 or 3 months.

Ii hope I've helped.

--LinZ

I still havent gotten my period. Its been 5 weeks. !??!?!?!

Are you taking your bc the regular way or are you still taking the white pills?

I would suggest going off your bc for about a month or so or begin taking it the "normal" way.

--LinZ