I was watching one of those make over programs you have on TV, you must know the kind I am talking about, the other day, and as part of the make over this woman was working on her health and visited a "naturopath". Now, I know that these people exist but I just hate the way in which television is starting to bring "naturopathy", with its blatant disregard for science, into the mainstream. It is one thing for new age types to do this, but this is going too far now... What do you think?

My question to you would be about just how naturopathy is disregarding science? In difference to homeopathy, for instance, there are no weird and unproven theories about serial dilution or whatever they call it, and in this climate of knife happy medical care, I think a minimalization of surgery is a very healthy thing. Please look into what naturopathy really is before judging it like that.

Hi everyone and sorry to both butt in and sound ignorant, but what is naturopathy? It's a concept that I have never heard of, and if it is truly getting more popular then I am wondering why? In any case, I'd appreciate it if someone could explain what naturopathy is all about, briefly. Thanks!